Software review

Okay just a few things to review:

iPartition:
I bought this nice little application for Mac OS X 10.4.X in august used it once. It is a good application but you only need to use it about once every few months. They came out with a updated version 63 days after I purchased it, and charged me to upgrade it. Okay no where on the developer's site did it say how long the they gave free upgrades for. Silly me you think that would be important information! I get an email saying there was an update (the term free was in the email), it cost me 25.00 usd to get the upgrade. Sent a copied of the email to the developer, and got back a very nasty email. Was told to go pound sand because my purchase was over 60 days old.

Leopard:
Okay I love this new Mac operating system! I installed it the day it came out on my MBP 17! It went great! (I never had a upgrade on windows that worked this well). I have been running it for 2 weeks now with out a hitch! I only have found 3 applications that don't play well with it. iFamily which I reported to their support site and they had a fix out in 72 hours for the issue. Rapid Weaver had a small problem in preview mode for flash pages. Reported that I am now test the new version of code from them that has fixed that issue. It took them about a 10 days to come out with a fix. The last one is Photoshop elements 4.0 for Mac, Adobe is not going to fix the issues, instead they want you to upgrade to the full version of Photoshop (300.00), or wait until they make a new version of Elements (some time in 2009), from following the forums at Adobe the full version does not work either in leopard! So I am looking for a new photo tool.

Pixelmator:
Okay this might get me to drop Photoshop! Photoshop!

Popular Posts