What is happening

Okay I did all of this on top of answering a huge RFP for one of our customers in Canada for work.

Well it seems that it is finally time to lay the new carpet in our downstairs family room. so we move everything to one side and rip out the old carpet and padding, guess what we find, a huge crack in our basement floor that someone filled with silcone caulk! Okay I have done that for small cracks but this puppy was a big one! The boy's and I have to clean all of the old crap off of the floor (left over glued down carpet backing, old floor tile, etc.) with some really nasty chemicals. Zach got weirded out on the fumes, then the floor scraping began! Then the mopping to neturalize the chemicals, then vacuuming up any thing that was left. Laying out of chaulk lines (which Sue did not agree with), so we laid them out again, then we started putting down the glue! It was blue so at least you could see it and not step in it (or so you would think). This started at like 8:00 am in the morning and we got the last of the carpet tiles layed at about 10:30 pm. Oh yea we could only work in about a 6 foot square area at a time and had to let the glue set for 45 minutes open time. So it was alot of bending and using a carpenters square to layout and make sure the carpet was put down correctly. By the way our house does not have a square room in it (meaning built using a square, level or any other technical tool). Man I was beat I could barely move on Sunday morning for church!

So we let the carpet set until Monday morning then I moved all of the furniture from one side of the room to the newly carpeted side of the room, and started the procedure all over again! That took most of the the day on Monday (Chris and Zach did most of the work and I supervised since I was working) I only needed to spread the glue for them and layed some of the squares to get them started! So my breaks and lunch was used up laying carpet. It took about an 2 hours of my time during the day. We finished off the project about 6:00 pm.

Tuesday we moved all of the furniture back and rearranged the room (ok a couple of time because I did not get the proper input from my sweet wife Sue). But now I spend my time running in to things in the dark.

Well this weekend we get our grand kids to come over and stay with us from Idaho! Hurray I miss them alot.

Popular Posts